INSTRUCTION FOR AUTHORS:
- Please use the FULL PAPER TEMPLATE to submit your final manuscript, together with the ASL Copyright Transfer Form.
- ALL AUTHORS must be the same as in the paper.
- Upon acceptance of the Full Paper, you are required to submit the copyright form that is downloadable from the conference website.
- After revising your paper based on the Reviewers Feedback, please prepare the Final Manuscript/Camera Ready based on the requirement in the conference website, and submit email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org . Manuscripts should be at the maximum of 5 pages INCLUDING references. Manuscripts that go beyond the specified number of pages will be charged USD100 per page.
- Please check with any plagiarism detection software and make sure that you have only at most 24% similarity score. Any paper with more than 25% similarity score will not be considered in the database/publication.
- Please submit an English Grammar report of a score of 80% and above (for example Grammarly, PaperRater, Ginger etc).
- Upon acceptance of the full paper and recommendations from the reviewers, authors are accepted to present their work at ICoSD 2017 with the following rules:
- All papers must be reformatted based on the format given in the conference website.
- All authors must meet the requirement set up by the conference organizer.
- Failure to meet the deadline and format given by organizer will not guarantee your paper to be published in the stated journal publications.
- Please read the comments and suggestions from the reviewers and make the necessary corrections where appropriate as suggested in the final submission. The reviewers’ comments will be emailed upon the complete reviewing process.
- The acceptance of your paper is made with the understanding that at least one author will REGISTER with the necessary registration fee and attend the Conference to present the paper. Without payment, your camera-ready paper will not be allowed to be presented nor published.
- Please be advised that in case more than one author would like to attend, EACH author is required to pay the conference fee.
- Once the Registration Fee payment has been made, automatically the author(s) of corresponding paper accept and agree to the Registration Terms and Conditions of ICoSD 2017.
REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ICOSD 2017:
- Each paper will only cater for One Author Registration. Other authors must pay as Participant without Papers if they want to come and access the conference sessions.
- No-Show (Did not come to the conference) Participant/Presenter cannot ask for a refund, nor any materials to be sent to the Author UNLESS with a certain fee (Please email Conference Organizer). Minimum is USD50 (RM200).
- Each paper will only get One Certificate. Extra certificate can be obtained through a fee of RM150.
- Authors agree that the publication of the journals will takes 4 – 8 months from the conference date.
- Payment will not be refunded.
- Access to the Publisher database is not provided by the Organizer. Authors must use their institution subscription for the access. Authors have no right to ask the Organizer for the copy of the journal publication.
ORIGINALITY OF RESEARCH PAPERS AND WARRANTY
- Authors should follow the “Journal Policy” strictly that all manuscripts must be 100% NEW, ORIGINAL and UNPUBLISHED. Authors should warrant that all text/figures/photos/tables are completely original, unpublished and have not been previously published and copyrighted by anyone elsewhere in any form and media whatsoever. Authors shall warrant that all abstract/text/figures/illustrations/photos/tables do not infringe upon or violate any copyrights or intellectual property rights, personal rights or rights of any kinds of others and contains any types of libelous or unlawful statements or material or instructions that may cause harm or injury to a person or property and manuscripts do not contains any plagiarized, fraudulent, and improperly attributed materials.
- Extended/modified versions of previously published abstracts/papers in any conferences/journals or any other media in any format whatsoever are not allowed and accepted for publication in the journal.
- By submitting the manuscripts for publication, the authors fully transfer copyrights of their Work to the American Scientific Publishers. The copyright transfer agreement cannot be withdrawn by authors.
- It is taken for granted that authors have obtained copyright permissions for the reproduction of previously published materials from original source (publisher) if manuscripts contain any such copyrighted materials.
- Authors agree that only research papers related to “aims & scope” of the journal are accepted/published.
- After receiving manuscripts, it will take 6-7 months to get all papers published. All papers will be published as received. Publisher does not guarantee sending proofs to authors or any corrections or proofreading.
- All manuscripts must be reviewed by 2-3 Referees to ensure the high quality of papers in the journal.
- The reviewing process is the responsibility of the CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS. The publisher/journal editors will not assume any such responsibility whatsoever.
PREPARATION FOR MANUSCRIPT SHOULD FOLLOW JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS (ADVANCED SCIENCE LETTERS) GUIDELINES AS FOLLOW:
Authors should read carefully these guidelines for manuscript preparation, if you are not able to comply with Advance Science Letters format your paper wouldn’t be publish. For more information visit: www.aspbs.com/science.htm
Advanced Science Letters
ISSN: 1936-6612 (Print): EISSN: 1936-7317 (Online)
Copyright © 2000-2017 American Scientific Publishers. All Rights Reserved.
Instructions for Authors
ADVANCED SCIENCE LETTERS is a multidisciplinary peer-reviewed journal with a very wide-ranging coverage, consolidates fundamental and applied research activities by publishing proceedings from international scientific, technical and medical conferences in all areas of (1) Physical Sciences, (2) Engineering, (3) Biological Sciences/Health Sciences, (4) Medicine, (5) Computer and Information Sciences, (6) Mathematical Sciences, (7) Agriculture Science and Engineering, (8) Geosciences, and (9) Energy/Fuels/Environmental/ Green Science and Engineering, and (10) Education and Public Policies.
NOTE: This journal is solely focused on special issues from conference proceedings and does not publish general research articles by individual authors.
JOURNAL POLICY: It is ADVANCED SCIENCE LETTERS policy to publish only original and unpublished research articles from conference proceedings therefore ADVANCED SCIENCE LETTERS does not wish to receive any papers on research work that has already been reported in parts or contains already published text, data, figures, tables or other illustrations or any copyright materials whatsoever that has been submitted or accepted for publication either in a journal or conference proceedings elsewhere in any form, in print or in electronic media. When submitting a manuscript, authors should make a full statement to the Editors that the research work contained in their manuscript is completely original and unpublished. If redundant or duplicate publication is attempted or occurs authors should expect immediate editorial action to be taken including prompt rejection of the submitted manuscript. Submission of any manuscript that contains redundant or duplicate publication of the same or very similar research work violates the policies of this journal. The contributor(s) warrant that the work contains no unlawful or libelous statements and opinions and liable materials of any kind whatsoever, does not infringe on any copyrights, intellectual property rights, personal rights or rights of any kind of others, nor contains any plagiarized, fraudulent, improperly attributed materials, instructions, procedures, information or ideas that might cause any harm, damage, injury, losses or costs of any kind to person or property.
It is the sole responsibility of all authors to ensure that all manuscripts are new, original and not published previously in any form any media, shall not infringe upon or violate any kind of copyrights of others and does not contains any plagiarized, fraudulent and improperly attributed materials. Extended and modified versions of previously published abstracts, papers in any conference or journal are not allowed whatsoever.
Corresponding author should provide a clear statement confirming this while submitting manuscript to any ASP journal. Is this manuscript 100% original and unpublished? Has this manuscript been published in parts (figures/text/tables) in any conference proceedings or journal in any media or language or format whatsoever? Is this manuscript from free from plagiarism (including self-plagiarism) and copyright infringement?
Authors must follow this “Journal Policy” strictly.
PUBLISHING ETHICS: American Scientific Publishers strictly follows guidelines set by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors, available at http://www.publicationethics.org. All Authors, Peer-Reviewers and Editors work together in a great harmony to ensure the highest ethical standards in publishing quality research work in our journals.
ETHICAL COMPLIANCE: Research papers reporting animal or clinical studies should, where appropriate, contain a statement that they have been carried out with animal or human ethics committee approval. All scientific studies should be carried out in accordance with the relevant national and local guidelines. Each author(s) warrants that his or her research institution has fully approved the protocol for all scientific studies involving animals or humans and that all experiments of any kinds were conducted in compliance with ethical and humane principles of research after ethics committee approval.
SUBMISSION OF MANUSCRIPT: Authors are kindly advised to read journal policy before submitting their manuscript to Editors. Authors are encouraged to submit high quality original research work that has not been published or nor under consideration by other journals or conference proceedings elsewhere. Authors are highly encouraged to submit manuscript electronically as a PDF file (preferred) or MS Word file to save time for the reviewing process.
Authors should submit a list of FIVE (5) potential referees accompanied with their complete mailing address, telephone, fax and email address, who may be contacted for reviewing the manuscript though refereeing, is done by anonymous reviewers selected by the Editor-in-Chief.
COVER ART: Authors are encouraged to submit high quality color figure/illustration to have their published paper featured.
LETTERS: Highest priority will be given to the communications reporting important new scientific and technological findings. Rapid publication is provided for concise and up-to-date reports. These articles should not exceed three-four published pages. No section headings should be used for these short communications.
RESEARCH ARTICLES: Full length papers that report original research work on new ideas in any fields of science, engineering and medicine.
BRIEF REVIEWS: The state-of-the-art review articles with author’s short biography and photo are published. Reviews are limited to a maximum length of 15 journal pages having more than 100 references. It is authors’ responsibility to obtain written copyright permissions to reproduce any copyright materials from other sources. Authors are advised to cite proper references in figure/tables captions of all previously published figures/tables/illustrations including their own published work and obtain copyright permissions from appropriate publishers and authors.
TYPING: All manuscripts must be in English, typed double-spaced on one side of the page throughout (including footnotes, references, tables, legends) on 8.5″ x 11″ or A4 white paper leaving at least 1 inch left hand margin.
INTRODUCTORY MATERIAL: The first page of the manuscript should have a concise title limited to about 15 words and the names of all authors, complete mailing address for correspondence, telephone, fax numbers and email address. Please indicate with an asterisk (*) the author to whom correspondence regarding the manuscript should be directed.
ABSTRACT: All manuscripts must contain an informative 150 to 300 words abstract explaining the essential contents of the work, key ideas and results.
FIGURES: It is very important to supply high quality figures in a form suitable for reproduction. All figures, tables, illustrations, photographs should be prepared in such a way that they could be printed in a single column size with a width of 3 1/4 inches or 8.25 cm. Use 12 ARIAL BOLD font for legends and 10 ARIAL font for numbering/wordings in figures, use the same font for all figures. Only if absolutely necessary should figures/tables/photos occupy double columns. Each figure must be referred to in the text and will be printed in black and white unless otherwise instructed by the authors. Each Figure should be submitted on a separate sheet and marked with the name of the author, title of manuscript and figure number. All formulae and figures should be carefully drafted and never drawn freehand. High quality original figures and glossy prints of all photographs are required. Photocopies of the figures and photographs are not acceptable.
FREE COLOR PRINTING: Color illustrations are most welcome by the journal as they are effective in conveying complex graphs and photographs. Free color printing at the Editor-in-Chief’s discretion, will provide an opportunity to publish color figures/illustrations in print at NO COST to the authors.
PHOTOGRAPHS: Half-tone illustrations should be supplied as clear, glossy, unmounted prints. The author’s name, title of manuscript and figure number should be written on the back.
TABLES: Each table must be referred to in the text. Each table should be typed double-spaced on a separate sheet and identified sequentially by Arabic numerals corresponding to the order in which they appear in the text. Each table should have a brief explanatory title, which should be labeled unambiguously. The position of each table should be clearly marked in the text.
UNITS: Internationally accepted units of measurement must be used. The units of measurement are used in conjunction with their numerical values; the units should be abbreviated as suggested below. If more commonly used units are adopted, conversion factors should be given at their first occurrence. Greek symbols may be used.
%, ºC, nm, µm (not m), mm, cm, cm3, m, h (or hr), min, s (or sec), µg, mg, g (or gm), kg, cal, kcal, in. (or write out inch), ml [write out liter(s)].
The APS style guide can be used as a general reference on matter of units, grammar and formatting.
ABBREVIATIONS: No abbreviations are allowed in the title and abstract and should be defined the first time they are used within the text. The “Advanced Science Letters” should be abbreviated as Adv. Sci. Lett., for the citation purpose.
REFERENCES: References should be in the proper format on a separate page, numbered in the sequence in which they occur in the text. Cite references numerically as superscripts in the text and list at the end of the manuscript. References should be listed in the following style:
- Journal Article
D. Scott and R. E. Smalley, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 3, 75 (2003)
- Journal Article
S. Nalwa, Editor, Magnetic Nanostructures, American Scientific Publishers, Los Angeles (2003)
- Chapter in a Book
V. Jansen, N. R. Tas and J. W. Berenschot, in Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Edited H. S. Nalwa, American Scientific Publishers, Los Angeles (2004), Vol. 5, pp.163-275.
- Chapter in a Book
- Conference Proceedings
Kimura and H. Shibasaki, Editors. Recent Advances in Clinical Neurophysiology. Proceedings of the 10th International Congress of EMG and Clinical Neurophysiology, (1995) October 15-19; Kyoto, Japan
- Conference Proceedings
- Patent E. Larsen, R. Trip, and C.R. Johnson, Methods for procedures related to the electrophysiology of the heart. U.S. Patent 5,529,067, Jun 25 (1995).
Do not use the phrases “et al.” and “ibid.” in the reference section. Instead, the names of all authors in a reference must be listed.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: These should be brief and placed at the end of the text before the references.
PROOFS: Page proofs will not be dispatched to the corresponding author. Alterations at this stage are not allowed as they are expensive and may have to be charged to the authors. The proofread copy and reprint order form must be returned within 72 hours.
OFFPRINTS: Authors may order offprints of articles with a minimum of 100 from American Scientific Publishers (ASP) prior to publication. An order form accompanying the page proofs will be sent directly to the corresponding author (*). Please return your offprint order form with the page proofs.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION: Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication, authors should submit to the publisher a diskette or CD containing the final version of the manuscript accompanied by a hard copy printout to improve the accuracy and speed up the typesetting process. The disk or CD should be clearly labeled with the author’s name, manuscript title, the date, and the hardware and software package used in preparation. The preferred medium is a CD in Windows/MS-DOS or Macintosh having MS Word file or TeX. We are also able to accept line artwork/graphics on disk or CD if you supply us the source files to enables us to modify the artwork as required for the journal format.
REFEREEING: If you are interested in reviewing the manuscripts for SCIENCE LETTERS, please send 20-30 keywords in the field of your research expertise, your short biography and your complete mailing address, phone, fax and email address to the Editor. Reviwer’s report can be submitted by e-mail to the editor.
To speed up the reviewing process, editors will communicate with authors and the referees via email. ASP or Editors will not return manuscripts to authors and keep any records whatsoever after a formal decision has been made about the manuscript. Editors have the right to reject the manuscript.
WARRANTIES AND COPYRIGHTS: By submitting the manuscript, the authors warrant that the entire work is original and unpublished; it is submitted only to this Journal and all text, data, figures/tables or other illustrations included in the research article are completely original and unpublished, and these have not been previously published or submitted elsewhere in any form or media whatsoever. All authors are responsible for the complete contents of their manuscript. The author(s) warrant that the work contains no unlawful or libelous statements and opinions and liable materials of any kind whatsoever, do not infringe on any copyrights, intellectual property rights, personal rights or rights of any kind of others, and does not contains any plagiarized, fraudulent, improperly attributed materials, instructions, procedures, information or ideas that might cause any harm, damage, injury, losses or costs of any kind to person or property. Each author(s) agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless American Scientific Publishers and the Editors for any breach of such warranties. It is authors’ responsibility to obtain written copyright permissions from other sources (publishers) for reproduction of any figures, tables, photos, illustrations, text or other copyright materials from previously published work. It is the policy of American Scientific Publishers to own the copyright of all contributions it publishes. To comply with the U.S. Copyright Law, a Copyright Transfer Form that transfer copyright of the article to the publisher must be completed by the authors prior to publication of an accepted article in this journal. Authors must submit a signed copy of the Copyright Transfer Agreement with their manuscript.
ETHICAL ISSUES: Authors cannot submit a manuscript for publication to other journals simultaneously. It is waste of valuable resources because editors and referees spent a great deal of time processing submitted manuscripts. It is also unethical to republish similar research articles (text/figures/tables) again because journals have limited page space and it most likely violates copyrights which have already been transferred to the first journal. Therefore, all journals require a signed author’s copyright transfer agreement stating the originality of the research work submitted through a manuscript. As stated above that authors should submit original, new and unpublished research work to the journal. The ethical issues such as plagiarism, fraudulent and duplicate publication, violation of copyrights, authorship and conflict of interest are serious issues concerning ethical integrity when submitting a manuscript to a journal for publication.
WITHDRAWAL OF MANUSCRIPTS: If the author requests withdrawal of manuscript after submission within the time span when the manuscript is still in the peer-reviewing process with Editors/Referees, author is allowed to withdraw the manuscript without paying any withdrawal penalty whatsoever. However, it is unethical to withdraw a submitted manuscript from one journal if accepted by another journal. The withdrawal of manuscripts from the journals after submitting to the publisher will incur a withdrawal penalty from American Scientific Publishers. After the manuscript is accepted for publication either through journal editors or guest editors or conference organizers, the withdrawal is not permitted by American Scientific Publishers. If the authors or conference organizers or a third party withdraw manuscripts any time after final manuscripts have already been submitted to American Scientific Publishers for processing, the request is not entertained without a significant withdrawal penalty. Authors or conference organizers or a third party are not allowed to withdraw submitted manuscripts because the withdrawal wastes valuable manuscript processing time, money and works invested by the publisher. The authors or conference organizers or a third party must always pay $200 per page manuscript processing charges as withdrawal penalty to the publisher even if the withdrawal is permitted. The withdrawal of the conference papers by conference organizers will never be permitted and the conference organizers will be punished for withdrawal by paying a withdrawal penalty of US$500 per manuscript. Withdrawal of manuscripts is only allowed after withdrawal penalty has been fully paid to the American Scientific Publishers by the authors or conference organizers or a third party. Any reason whatsoever of withdrawal of submitted manuscripts is treated as invalid and completely unacceptable under any circumstances. Publisher is not responsible for any damages whatsoever resulting from this consequence of the author’s or conference organizer’s or a third party decision. All questions or differences whatsoever concerning manuscripts withdrawal from American Scientific Publishers whether as to construction or otherwise, shall be held in the County of Los Angeles, California, United States of America.
ABSTRACTING AND INDEXING: American Scientific Publishers has no control whatsoever over abstracting and indexing of their scientific journals in any types of databases (SCIE, Scopus, Compendex, PubMed, CPCI, etc.), therefore, the publisher does not guarantee and take any responsibilities whatsoever for any kind of abstracting and indexing coverage of the published work in any types of databases whatsoever.